Upcoming KPA CE event fulfills suicide assessment, treatment, and management requirement.
Pre-registration ends on February 17th for Navigating Suicide Assessment and Intervention: A Roadmap for Providers, 6 CE. This program fulfills the KRS 210.366 requirement for Suicide Prevention Training and is approved for Psychologists, Social Workers, Art Therapists, Professional Counselors, and Marriage and Family Therapists. Register today!
KPA Central Office seeking part-time Operations Assistant
The Kentucky Psychological Association has an immediate opening for a part-time Operations Assistant. This position provides operational and administrative support for the small KPA office team and the KPA membership. Additional information can be found in the KPA Classifieds.
KPF Spring Academic Conference: Registration now open!
The 2017 Spring Academic Conference will be held on Saturday, April 1st at Spalding University. The Conference provides a unique opportunity for graduate and undergraduate students to present their research in juried competitions, attend workshops, develop practical skills, and network with fellow students from across Kentucky. (More)
Be an Advocate: The 4th Annual KPA Legislative Day
Let your voice be heard!
Please join us on Wednesday, March 1st for the 4th annual KPA Legislative Day in Frankfort, from 8:30 to 3 pm (with option to leave earlier if needed). We need to have a huge turnout to make sure psychologists are heard. KPA members are invited to gather in Frankfort to raise awareness among our legislators about important issues affecting mental health and the profession and practice of psychology. Register for free on-line here
You will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in individual or group meetings with your legislators.
- Participate in a public education fair about the practice of psychology in conjunction with the KY Psychological Foundation
- Meet legislators who have worked closely with KPA
- Watch committee meetings and stay afterward to watch the legislative session
- Learn more about the legislative process and how you can be an effective advocate
- Help increase awareness among policy-makers about KPA, the science and practice of psychology, and issues that affect psychologists and the Kentuckians we serve
- To help you prepare for the day, a voluntary, but recommended training call will take place on Monday, Feb. 27th at 8 pm.
Please send questions to Advocacy Chair, Georgeann Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call for CE Proposals
KPA is now accepting proposals for consideration for the 2017 Convention and the 2018 CE Calendar. If you are interested in presenting a Continuing Education workshop, please complete the CE proposal form.
To find Psychological Services in your area or to find a referral:
Sarah Shelton, Psy.D., MPH, MSCP
KPA would like to congratulate Dr. Shelton on her re-election to the National Register of Health Service Psychologists Board of Directors...read more
If you are a KPA member & have news to share, please email the KPA office!